I remember when I wrote my Exams for placement into Unity schools across the Federation. There was a space to tick the particular Unity School Of ur choice. My heart had always been with Queen's College..I don't know why, maybe coz of the name..or some people said real Queen's were bred there, or I myself felt I'll be taught by Queen Elizabeth (II) herself. Well my mum would have preferred FGGC Ikot Obio ItoƱ, my big Cousins said we needed another Fegocal babe in the house. So FGGC Calabar it was.

.... Back to Queen's College.

One will think that with an institution as Noble as this it wouldn't take seconds to handle an issue as trivial as lashes... nobody had just a peanut of sense to handle this issue better than this?
        Have u thought of the trauma it'll cause this girl and her family with this video going viral. ( To think it's even the school that made the video for publicity not even a passer_by. A staff kept saying "video her")
Those busy pushing the girl's face up...to face the Cameras..have u ever heard of fundamental human rights?
       The girl flouted the school rules no doubt...but there is punishment for it. ( I heard the mum say "I said let me take her home)..I'm sure that's after they  harassed the girl and subsequent reaction by her mother. No mother will watch her daughter being rough handled and yet stand and speak grammar...the reaction will be reflex even if in her heart she knows she's going to deal with the daughter at home.
This is supposed to be Queen's college, not Yabaleft Vocational  School. I expected a little touch of professionalism from staff of such a school.

Queen's College is on the  Net for lashes, yet there has been issues swept under the carpet from this same College. I think it's time to go back to the drawing board and be the Queen's college that we admired some years back. It's like some new members of the school management or Staff body itself do not yet understand that they are staff of a Prestigious School.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WANT TO BE HEALTHY ALWAYS? READ THIS.